For detailed information on entering Canada, visit:

American Visitors
U.S. citizens should bring a passport when visiting Canada (Americans can cross the U.S. border to Canada with just a birth certificate and photo ID, but you'll need your passport to go home again.) U.S. citizens don't need a visa for a stay of up to 180 days.

International Visitors
International visitors to Canada who are not U.S. citizens must carry a valid passport and, if required, a visa when entering the country. Citizens from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Australia and others don't need a visa to enter Canada.

For more information, visit the following sections of Canada's Citizen & Immigration website:

Citizens from visa-exempt countries should ask their Canadian consulate or embassy what other documentation is required. You can find embassy locations on the Foreign Affairs Canada website:

Border Services Assistance for Meeting Planners

Coordinators with the Canada Border Services Agency International Events and Convention Services Program (IECSP) can help make sure you're aware of border requirements related to your event. Program representative will access the appropriate Government of Canada departments on your behalf to help ensure the planning process goes smoothly.

Meeting Planner Tools